Friday, July 23, 2010

10 Things I Believe About CrossFit...

I believe CrossFit can better someone is all aspects of life, not just physically. CrossFitters are strong because they learn to push through the "suck."

I believe CrossFit can be one of the most humbling experiences, while boosting confidence unlike anything else. It can show people they are much more capable than they think.

I believe in quality over quantity.

I believe in functionality and efficiency.

I believe in community. CrossFit's community is one of the tightest I've seen.

I believe in fitness as a life-long journey, not a quick fix. It is not something obtained through on-and-off "dieting" or New Years resolutions.

I believe in gyms without mirrors. CrossFit does not allow for ego and narcissism. People are too busy trying to make the room stop spinning and catching their breath to admire how awesome they are.

I believe in CrossFit for everyone. Anyone can do CrossFit. No one lacks the ability, only the will.

I believe in longevity. I believe in 70, 80, 90-year-old grandparents running upstairs, playing with their garndchildren, giving them piggy-back rides, and being capable of much more than sitting in a rocking chair and taking their medicine.

Lastly, I believe that CrossFit is for yourself, but not exclusively. You CrossFit for your spouse, your kids, and your grandkids.

What do you believe about CrossFit??

No comments:

Post a Comment